What do Labs/Beta/Production mean
What do Labs/Beta/Production Mean?
Your SchemeServe website has a unique address, or 'URL', which will look something like:
This is the URL of the Production i.e. LIVE environment and where you will spend most of your time. However, there are a number of other 'environments' which are useful from time to time. The complete list of environments is as follows:
- https:// COMPANYNAME.schemeserve.com / << The stable production site
- https:// COMPANYNAME.schemeserve.com /labs << The unstable production site (with cutting edge features for expert clients) (PRODUCTION DATA)
- https:// COMPANYNAME.play.schemeserve.com /beta << The beta site, for ADM staff to perform testing (TEST DATA)
If you log a helpdesk ticket over at http://support.admnetwork.com you will be asked whether you are using the Production environment, Labs or Beta.
The Production Environment
This is the standard live environment that runs the latest version of SchemeServe. It has been released to all SchemeServe sites.
Any changes, deletions or additions made to data in the Production Environment will affect your LIVE data.
In most cases you will be using the Production Environment unless you have chosen to use the Labs or Beta environment
The Labs Environment
The Labs Environment uses your Live Data on the absolutely latest version of SchemeServe. Labs has had a reduced level of testing with respect to the Production environment, which means it is best left to expert or more technical users. FEATURES FOUND ON LABS MAY CHANGE BREAK OR DISAPPEAR AT ANY TIME.
Any changes, deletions or additions made to data in the Labs Environment WILL AFFECT YOUR LIVE DATA. LABS IS NOT A TEST SYSTEM.
- The Labs environment is provided without any warranties or guarantees of any kind and is available “as is” for use at your own risk.
Accessing the Labs Environment
When you login to SchemeServe just change the URL in the address bar to include the word Labs.
The Labs Environment logo will be displayed on all Pages so that it is clear which environment you are working in.
The Beta Environments
The Beta environment is a test system for ADM and Users to practice or test procedures and functionality on.
This is the main ADM test environment, the data is usually a copy of the data from your Live system and is fixed at the time of the copy. The Beta environment will not reflect real time updates on your Live System. Data changes, deletions or additions in the Beta environment will not be applied on the Live System. The data in the Beta environment will be refreshed regularly.
- The Beta Environment is not guaranteed to be a stable environment.
- The Beta Environment is not guaranteed to be a tested environment
- The Beta Environment comes with no warranties of any kind and it is provided for your use “as is” and should be used at your own risk.
Accessing the Beta Environment
When you login to SchemeServe just change the URL in the address bar to include '-secondary' after your main site name and then add /beta at the end.
The Beta Environment logo will be displayed on all Pages so that it is clear which environment you are working in.